"OL' PAW PAW'S GOT THE HEEBIE-JEEBIES AGAIN"
Industrial enamel, industrial glue, matches, and delicious cigars on canvas
30 x 40 x 1.25 inches
There's a whole lot going on here, so let's get started ...
1. All of a sudden, while Ol' Paw Paw is trying to enjoy his evening cigar, some skeleton hands come flying at him from the right. He's so scared he spits out his evening cigar while half of his hairdo turns white
2. In a pincer-type attack ... a flying bedbug and an imp and a gremlin and an octopus-looking thing make a sales call at him from the left
3. Especially distressing to Ol' Paw Paw is the revelation that gremlins also smoke his brand of cigar ... two at a time, even. How in God's name does a gremlin know to smoke Arturo Fuentes?
4. So sudden and shocking was this particular session of heebie-jeebies that Ol' Paw Paw ... who is really old and has weak valves ... emits quite a rainbow of sound and vapor from the ol' southern portal
5. And that immediately vaporised the flying bedbug, the imp, the gremlin, and the octopus-looking thing. Skeleton hands, however, are impervious to Paw Paw vapor
Of course, all that's just the surface level meaning of this sociological mind-bender.